OVERALL, JOB PURPOSE
Shall be responsible to serve patients by identifying the best method for retrieving specimens; preparing specimens for laboratory testing, performing screening procedures and ensure efficient delivery of reports.
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND COMPETENCIES
- Bachelor’s degree in laboratory technology
- Minimum 4-6 years’ experience in a busy laboratory
- Familiar with infection control policies and procedures
- Registered licensed with Allied Health
- Ability to connect with various types of patients (such as children, elderly, pregnant women) and make them feel comfortable
- Patience and presence of mind
- Good planning and organization skills
- Attention to detail
- Good writing and oral communication skills
- Good customer service skills, Time Management
SPECIFIC JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the development and oversight of all laboratory operations.
- Ensures technical proficiency and training documentation of all Laboratory supervisors.
- Resolves issues related to competency of laboratory services personnel.
- Work with site supervisors to ensure time and attendances are adhered to along with resolution of staffing/scheduling issues.
- Interviews and hires Laboratory technologist and Laboratory Trainer. Formulates laboratory job descriptions.
- Evaluates and works with Site Supervisors on Laboratory Assistants performance evaluations.
- Responsible for the ordering and procurement of laboratory equipment and supplies.
- Evaluates the performance of tests, quality control, safety, compliance with regulations and reporting of results.
- Provides oversight of laboratory technical issues and resolution of complicated or unusual issues.
- Selects and oversees a quality Proficiency Testing program that is commensurate with the services offered.
- Resolves technical problems and ensures remedial actions are taken whenever test systems deviate from established policies and procedures.
- Verifies the test procedures performed and establishes laboratory test performance characteristics, including the precision and accuracy of each test.
- Evaluates and recommends an NHS(Uganda) approved proficiency testing program that is commensurate with the service offered.
- Responsible for safety issues in all UIHS laboratory sites. Review, Recommendation & Develops, implements and monitors a quality control program for laboratory testing appropriate for testing performed.
- Monitors and evaluates compliance with State and local regulations. Responsible for preparation of site inspections (i.e., accreditation).
- Writes and implements Policies and Procedures that pertain to Laboratory testing and issues.
- Consults with medical providers regarding laboratory science and technical issues as needed.
- Coordinates and conducts education and training programs for medical staff and clinic personnel.
- Attends section meetings and other assigned meetings.
- Adheres to accreditation and compliance standards/guidelines.
- Maintains a professional, organized, and clean working environment by following organizational policies, guidelines, and safety standards.
- Assists in the development of section policy, procedures, and quality improvement activities within the clinic as directed.
- Evaluates the performance of tests, quality control, safety, compliance with regulations and reporting of results at each laboratory site.
- Oversees the ordering of tests reagents, controls, and other materials to ensure efficient use and appropriate inventory.
- Responsible for all aspects of the relationship between C-Care IHK and its reference laboratory, including but not limit to negotiate contract pricing for all existing tests and panels and for new tests and panels as they become available.
- Monitor monthly invoices from the reference lab to verify that contract pricing is in effect and to review tests being ordered and give feedback to providers as indicated.
- Interact with reference lab regarding matters of service such as specimen pick up and transportation, accessioning of specimens, rejection of specimens, problems with results, etc.
- Responsible for scheduling the work hours for lab staff and for scheduling staff coverage for the labs at all other clinics.
- Responsible for all aspects of the Electronic Health Record as it pertains to the Lab. This includes: File maintenance –entering into LIS all tests performed on site or at the reference lab and notifying billing of the appropriate test codes,
- Monitor data through developing and overseeing the review of data reports as needed.
- Monitor the accuracy of data entry of waived testing results.
- Monitor the reference lab results.
- Work with the LIS IT team to implement procedures to fully meet the needs of LIS users, consultants and medical staff’s of C-Care IHK.
- Supervises subordinate laboratory staff at all clinic sites.
- Is responsible for the direction, coordination, and evaluation of Laboratory Services.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
Applications, CV, and attachment of academic documents and licenses to be sent to email@example.com or deliver to HR office
Deadline 3rd January 2023