POSITION: LAB QUALITY MANAGER
To develop, implement and maintain a quality management system (QMS) for all aspects of laboratory practice so as to comply with the legal requirements of the Ministry of Health, the standards of accreditation bodies
Review and report on the functioning and effectiveness of the quality management system and be instrumental in the development of a culture of quality and critical review within the laboratory.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Report on the functioning and effectiveness of the Quality Management System and be the point of contact and liaison with accrediting bodies and the Ministry of Health. Coordinate inspections and respond to non-compliance and quality deficiencies that are identified from time to time.
- Communicate changes in legislation, recommended working practices and best practice from the government, accrediting, inspection and professional bodies and deal with complaints from the users of the laboratory, both verbal and written.
- Provide specialized training on the Quality Management System and Quality Management Issues and lead in the development and implementation of a coordinated training policy within the laboratory in both quality management and other discipline-specific subjects
- Participate in staff developmental reviews and develop templates for personal development portfolios for all staff
- Responsible for the development, implementation and maintenance of a Quality Management System and Auditing system for the laboratory. Develop Standard Operating Procedures within the Quality Management and Training Systems across the laboratory service in accordance with National and International legislation, SANAS, CAP and other compliance or accreditation body standards. Coordinate the QMS between laboratory disciplines
- Produce a Quality Policy and a Quality Manual to meet the changing needs of the laboratory environment and develop and implement a Corrective and Preventative Action (CAPA) system for the laboratory.
- Responsible for maintaining records of complaints (from all laboratory users (patients and other staff), incidents and patient comments and ensuring these are investigated and issues resolved if appropriate
- Report, investigate and take measures to resolve Laboratory incidents and failures of service provision. Analyze and report the results of audits to improve the laboratory service.
- Undertake the process of validation for the introduction of new laboratory investigations or equipment to ensure accuracy and precision and that it meets the manufacturers stated performance criteria.
- Investigate, recommend and implement corrective and preventative actions when the quality management system identifies a loss of performance of the laboratory equipment, systems or methods
- Work with the laboratory manager to keep expenditure within budgetary limits and to be pro-active in cost-saving measures. Take a lead on quality issues involved in the decision making process for the purchase of new equipment within the laboratory, as part of the procurement process.
- Develop and produce regular reports for laboratory management and meetings and on all audits performed in the laboratory, as well as produce non-compliance notes as part of the laboratory audit process. Produce reports required by accrediting and compliance bodies
- Bachelor’s degree in Medical Laboratory Science/Technology from a Recognized University/College
- Proper understanding of accrediting body requirements such as SANAS or CAP and Laboratory Quality Management Systems
- Experience of working with an accredited Laboratory or one undergoing accreditation will be an added advantage.
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, ready to multitask and with leadership ability
Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org before 11th July 2021.