IHK runs an 11-bed intensive care unit (ICU) run by a team of intensive care specialists (including neonatal, paediatric and adult intensive care specialists) which boasts the following:
- Dedicated and highly experienced nursing team with ratios of 1 to 1 and 2 to 1 for very sick patients
- 2 level one isolation/ barrier nursing rooms
- Draeger and Philips life support ventilators that can provide full care to all patients, ranging from the very small new-born up to the full adult.
- Invasive intelligent physiologic monitors that ensure improved response to changes in patient condition
- Intelligent drug infusion devices that administer lifesaving medication to critically ill patients
- Intelligent point of care devices for biochemical assays laboratory to reduce on diagnostic waiting times, including the AQT immuno-coagulation analyser, the first of its kind in the region.
- Electronic beds and specialised neonatal warmers for use in the intensive care environment
Different types of dialysis including conventional dialysis machines and a CRRT machine enabling dialysis of patients that cannot tolerate conventional dialysis.